OutLook 365

Jack Neely jjneely at 42lines.net
Thu Nov 2 02:33:16 GMT 2017

Greetings,

I've been using Offlineimap with OutLook 365 for several weeks to handle my
email.  Worked like a champ.

Today, or last night, I started getting thread terminated with exception
error messages.  I'm no longer able to get offlineimap to run to completion.

Thread 'Folder Deleted Items [acc: Foo]' terminated with exception:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/slack/.local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/offlineimap/threadutil.py",
line 160, in run
    Thread.run(self)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/threading.py", line 754, in run
    self.__target(*self.__args, **self.__kwargs)
  File "/home/slack/.local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/offlineimap/accounts.py",
line 643, in syncfolder
    localfolder.syncmessagesto(remotefolder, statusfolder)
  File "/home/slack/.local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/offlineimap/folder/Base.py",
line 1116, in syncmessagesto
    action(dstfolder, statusfolder)
  File "/home/slack/.local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/offlineimap/folder/Base.py",
line 944, in __syncmessagesto_copy
    self.copymessageto(uid, dstfolder, statusfolder, register=0)
  File "/home/slack/.local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/offlineimap/folder/Base.py",
line 844, in copymessageto
    new_uid = dstfolder.savemessage(uid, message, flags, rtime)
  File "/home/slack/.local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/offlineimap/folder/IMAP.py",
line 669, in savemessage
    raise OfflineImapError(msg, OfflineImapError.ERROR.REPO)
OfflineImapError: Saving msg ([unknown message-id]) in folder 'Deleted
Items', repository 'FooRemote' failed (abort). Server responded: NO
['Server Unavailable. 15']

Next I see the last several debug level logs and it appears this is
happening when offlineimap is moving/saving an email containing a calendar
invite created by the same Office 365 system.

imap: Write mail 'Deleted Items:-3' with flags set(['S'])
: deletemessageheaders: called to delete []
: getmessageheader: called to get message-id
: getmessageheader: eoh = 16756
: getmessageheader: headers = 'Received: ...

I'll note that the headers = '...' line seems to contain the entire raw
text of the email in question.

$ offlineimap --version
7.1.4

Any ideas why this may have started?  Have I hit an Exchange limit
somewhere?

Jack
--
Jack Neely