Installing on raspbian

Alan Pope alan.pope at canonical.com
Fri Apr 27 13:48:21 BST 2018

Hi Eric,

On 27 April 2018 at 10:10, Eric Bruecklmeier <usenet at nerdcraft.de> wrote:
> is there a simple way to install the current version of offlineIMAP on raspbian without any compiling or installing a bunch of other tools? Unfortunately the apt- thing installs a pretty old version...

One option might be the snap. We build for x86, x86_64, armhf and
aarch64, and will run on a Pi 2/3 but not a Pi Zero or 1.

sudo apt install snapd
snap install offlineimap

As it's a confined snap, it will look for .offlineimaprc in
~/snap/offlineimap/current

I publish builds soon after the releases are done.  (but am happy to
hand the snap over to upstream if they would prefer).

Cheers,
--
Alan Pope
Community Advocate

Canonical - Ubuntu Engineering and Services
+44 (0) 7973 620 164
alan.pope at canonical.com
http://ubuntu.com/