<DKIM> Re: <DKIM> OfflineIMAP ignores messages in folders with '.' in their name

Jorge P. de Morais Neto jorge+list at disroot.org
Sat Dec 8 17:12:38 GMT 2018

Nicolas Sebrecht <nicolas.s-dev at laposte.net> writes:

> Try renaming the local maildirs and the cache files.  This is not a
> usual process.  No guarantee, so make a full backup to check how it
> goes (maildirs & cache).

I was scared by you saying it is not a usual process and there being no
guarantee, so I ended up letting OfflineIMAP redownload everything.

>> And would everything still work if I choose '/' as sep?
>
> Yes.  This would use/create directory trees.

I decided to go with '/'.  Since it is one of the most common choices, I
guess it is a safe choice – few people would create a shared mailbox
with '/' in its name.

And everything worked OK!  Notmuch recognized the emails were the same
and kept my tags.

Thank you for the help.

--
- I am Brazilian.  I hope my English is correct and I welcome feedback
- Please adopt free formats like PDF, ODF, Org, LaTeX, Opus, WebM and 7z