folder name tmp an issue?

Cameron Simpson cs at cskk.id.au
Sun Jan 21 22:58:40 GMT 2018

On 21Jan2018 14:22, Nicolas Sebrecht <nicolas.s-dev at laposte.net> wrote:
>On Sun, Jan 21, 2018 at 08:06:25PM +0800, Mathias Korber wrote:
>> is there an issue with an IMAP folder named 'tmp' clashing
>> with a temporary folder (or filename?) OfflineIMAP uses while copying
>> messages?
>
>Not that I'm aware of. What's the issue exactly (offlineimap version,
>error message, etc)?

Might it cause an issue with local Maildirs (or, I suppose, the underlying
remote Maildirs if any) since a Maildir has "tmp", "new", "cur" subdirs. I am
pretty sure dovecot constructs subfolders specially named for exactly this kind
of reason, to eliminate such conflicts.

Cheers,
Cameron Simpson <cs at cskk.id.au> (formerly cs at zip.com.au)