redownloaded many gigs of mail

Sandra Snan sandra.snan at idiomdrottning.org
Tue May 15 16:39:53 BST 2018

This was a very clear and useful mail, thank you so much.
One specific question, and then I'll be out of your hair:

Nicolas Sebrecht <nicolas.s-dev at laposte.net> writes:
> There's no need to understand the technical details. Offlineimap just
> mirrors the remote emails locally in a maildir structure. Syncing
> updates both sides. That's all.  Bear in mind that it's a 2-way sync, so
> changes done locally in the maildir structure are propagated back to the
> server.

So if I do move emails out of the maildir with normal file system tools
like "mv", that is enough for it to do the right thing? Or do I need
some sorta special "mail client" that can handle the maildirs properly?

Thank you again for all your help