Exchange online archive with offlineimap + mu4e

Nicolas Sebrecht nicolas.s-dev at laposte.net
Tue May 22 07:59:42 BST 2018

On Mon, May 21, 2018 at 11:16:52PM +0000, Stephan Lindner wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Sorry in advance if this is an obvious question -- I have set up emacs +
> davmail + offlineimap + mu4e for my work emails that are stored on an
> exchange server.  This works very well, but I don't know how to access
> the "Online Archive", which includes all my older emails (per IT
> policy).  It seems like this is possible and this post describes how to
> do it in Thunderbird:
>
> https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/179034/can-i-view-my-microsoft-exchange-online-archive-via-davmail-in-thunderbird#179635
>
> But I cannot figure out how I would need to change my configuration,
> e.g., what kind of option I would need to specify in my offlineimaprc to
> make it work.

I don't think so. It looks like we'd have to send a folder name with
both a leading and a trailing trailing slash: /archive/.

IMHO, that's a way for Microsoft to hide this folder because the slash
is used as a separator for foldernames.

I did not dig into this much but if I'm right offlineimap doesn't
supports this feature currently and I'm not sure it would be easy to
implement. It would be wonderful if davmail has an option to remap this
folder name to another one (defined by the user) to expose this folder
in a more usual way.