OfflineIMAP ignores messages in folders with '.' in their name
jorge+list at disroot.org
Fri Nov 23 17:36:24 GMT 2018
Hi. I work at Dataprev (a Brazilian state-owned federal company), and here we
use an email implementation called Expresso 3.0. I access it via OfflineIMAP
7.2.1 on Debian buster. Recently I have gained access to a shared folder
hierarchy called "demandas.dica" (with Drafts, Sent and Trash subfolders). I
then realized the following error message of OfflineIMAP:
> Folder 'user/demandas/dica/Drafts'[Dtp-remote] could not be created. Server responded: ('NO', ['Permission denied'])
OfflineIMAP is probably confused because the folder name includes a dot.
Unfortunately I can't rename it by myself. So I have tried several OfflineIMAP
1. ~createfolders = False~ on the remote repository.
This gets rid of the error message, but doesn't solve the problem because
OfflineIMAP still does not download any message from the affected folders.
2. ~nametrans = lambda fname: fname.replace('demandas.dica', 'demandas+dica')~
Equivalent result, except of course for the name translation itself.
Can you help me? I have already spent hours on trial and error and web
searching. I also searched this list as far as I could.
- I am Brazilian. I hope my English is correct and I welcome feedback
- Please adopt free formats like PDF, ODF, Org, LaTeX, Opus, WebM and 7z
- Free/libre software for Android: https://f-droid.org/
- [[https://www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-sw.html][What is free software?]]
More information about the OfflineIMAP-project