[ANNOUNCE] OfflineIMAP v7.3.0 released
nicolas.s-dev at laposte.net
Mon Aug 19 18:24:50 BST 2019
OfflineIMAP v7.3.0 is out.
wget "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/OfflineIMAP/offlineimap/v7.3.0/requirements.txt" -O requirements.txt
pip install -r ./requirements.txt --user git+https://github.com/OfflineIMAPemail@example.com
Here comes a new release.
The upstream imaplib2 project is discontinued. That's why I've decided to take
over the maintenance of imaplib2 for offlineimap.
For the use of offlineimap I've applied the pending PRs from imaplib2. I have
applied another change sent to offlineimap (see OfflineIMAP/offlineimap#623).
However, there are 3 important limitations:
- I intend to maintain imaplib2 for offlineimap only. Everything will take place
in the offlineimap project. I'll neither package imaplib2 nor maintain any
"official" repository dedicated to imaplib2. If you want imaplib2 but not
offlineimap, you should extract the file `offlineimap/bundled_imaplib2.py` from
the offlineimap repository. Please, send your patches for imaplib2.py to the
offlineimap project directly.
- Starting from imaplib2 v2.100 (tagged: imaplib2-v2.100) I'm taking the patches
in the lazy mode. This means that I won't make deep checks/tests of the
changes. Hence, the quality and the stability might become a bit more
fluctuating. For more stability, you might like to only consider the imaplib2
versions released with the stable versions of offlineimap. Don't expect
changelogs dedicated to imaplib2. They will be part of the offlineimap
- All of this only applies to the py2 version of imaplib2. Sadly, offlineimap
has few chances to be ported on py3 so I don't aim to maintain the py3 version
In this release, offlineimap is learning Happy Eyeballs.
This release was tested by:
- Nicolas Sebrecht
- Nicolas Sebrecht (4)
- Ben Cotterell (1)
- Dario Maiocchi (1)
- Ilias Tsitsimpis (1)
- Julien Cristau (1)
- Olivier Mehani (1)
- Implement Happy Eyeballs. [Olivier Mehani]
- imaplib2 v2.101. [Nicolas Sebrecht]
- imaplib2 v2.100. [Nicolas Sebrecht]
- Update readme to give an hint about Linux distros. [Dario Maiocchi]
- travis: remove python3.6. [Nicolas Sebrecht]
- README: add required dependency to rfc6555. [Nicolas Sebrecht]
- Do not use TIMEOUT_MAX for Condition.wait(). [Ilias Tsitsimpis]
- Use SSLContext if available so we send SNI. [Julien Cristau]
- Don't expect trailing space on command completion. [Ben Cotterell]
More information about the OfflineIMAP-project