Syncing creates new [Imap]/Bin label for filtered messages

Mateusz Łoskot mateusz at loskot.net
Tue Feb 26 14:01:40 GMT 2019

On Sun, Feb 24, 2019 at 03:10:12PM +0100, Mateusz Loskot wrote:
>On my GMail, I have two basic filters configured:
> - If subject contains ABC, delete it.

FYI, I have managed to solve the problem, details below.

>$ cat .offlineimaprc
>[general]
>accounts = Gmail
>maxsyncaccounts = 1
>
>[Account Gmail]
>localrepository = Local
>remoterepository = Remote
>
>[Repository Local]
>type = GmailMaildir
>localfolders = ~/Mail/Gmail
>## Remove GMAIL prefix on Google-specific IMAP folders that are pulled down.
>nametrans = lambda f: '[Gmail]/' + f if f in ['Drafts', 'Starred',
>'Important', 'Spam', 'Trash', 'All Mail', 'Sent Mail'] else f

Replace 'Trash' with 'Bin'.

Apparently, GMail has changed or Bin is specific to Google Apps with custom
domain, or who knows. The important takeaway is that 'Bin' is the correct
folder/mailbox.

Finally, and this is very important, put this in ~/.muttrc
to point Mutt to the Bin

# Gmail seems no longer listing Trash but Bin
set trash=+Bin
mailboxes =INBOX =Drafts =Bin =All\ Mail =Sent\ Mail =

Best regards,
--
Mateusz Łoskot, http://mateusz.loskot.net