Deleting Gmail folders

Chris Coutinho chrisbcoutinho at gmail.com
Sat Sep 5 12:45:34 BST 2020

Hi David,

That depends on your remote config for your Gmail account. There's an
option called 'sync delete' or something similar that will sync local
deletions to your Gmail account, which will delete those labels from Gmail
if set to yes. By default if you delete a local folder it would also delete
the associated label on the remote as well.

See this line and short description for what I mean

https://github.com/OfflineIMAP/offlineimap/blob/7531ac4640aff8477b0893c55c99c9fe4a9bbcfc/offlineimap.conf#L558

Cheers,
Chris