Speed up your DevOps process

Travis CI Team contact at travis-ci.com
Thu Aug 5 16:28:30 BST 2021

View it in your browser http://info.travis-ci.com/webmail/845883/279582240/5bcd0fba1316dbc250a4482882349723e807088c988b55b33a544df2da85b1cd

“Infrastructure as code is an important piece of the SDLC” as Joao Miranda put’s it in his article on InfoQ Infrastructure as Code

http://info.travis-ci.com/e/845883/tion-chef-development-process-/f2qlr/279582240?h=SpzuHwn34Ybks2z0QhUTrUV0WFjJBfl6J-9R0n41JN4

  “is a tenet of the DevOps community. It might even be called revolutionary if you can remember the days when virtual machines were a novel thing and physical hardware was the norm. But treating Infrastructure as Code is a tall order.”

We completely agree! This can be a daunting task. As there are many things to keep in mind when creating your own set of configurations and policy distribution such as:

	Making sure your server configuration packages are installed and relationships with other servers are all properly modeled with code

	Understanding that your code is able to be automated and have consistent outcomes

	Getting rid of manual steps and identifying areas that could be prone to errors

To facilitate your journey for you we’ve built our own Cookbooks! This means from the budding developer to the experienced one, we’ll have something you can sink your teeth into. Can’t wait to see what you think!

Here are a few to get you started 🙌

The Travis CI Cookbook - Rails

http://info.travis-ci.com/e/845883/rails-cookbook/f2qlt/279582240?h=SpzuHwn34Ybks2z0QhUTrUV0WFjJBfl6J-9R0n41JN4

​​​​​​

Ruby on Rails, or just Rails, is one of the most popular model-view-controller frameworks in use on the web today. Rails works amazingly with Travis CI, so let’s get you building even faster!

http://info.travis-ci.com/e/845883/rails-cookbook/f2qlt/279582240?h=SpzuHwn34Ybks2z0QhUTrUV0WFjJBfl6J-9R0n41JN4

The Travis CI Cookbook - Python

http://info.travis-ci.com/e/845883/python-cookbook/f2qlw/279582240?h=SpzuHwn34Ybks2z0QhUTrUV0WFjJBfl6J-9R0n41JN4

Python is one of the most versatile languages in the programming world. Created way back in 1991, Python is one of the most enduring languages in the programming community and continues to receive regular updates to keep it as relevant today as it was back then. Needless to say, most of the Travis CI team are also pretty fond of it - let’s get stuck into the Python Cookbook!

http://info.travis-ci.com/e/845883/python-cookbook/f2qlw/279582240?h=SpzuHwn34Ybks2z0QhUTrUV0WFjJBfl6J-9R0n41JN4

The Cookbook: Getting started with R

http://info.travis-ci.com/e/845883/2020-12-07-r/f2qly/279582240?h=SpzuHwn34Ybks2z0QhUTrUV0WFjJBfl6J-9R0n41JN4

Some of the most downloaded R packages are built on Travis CI. In this cookbook, you’ll see how easy it just is to set up Travis CI in an existing R project.

How can Travis help you? Chat with one of our Sales engineers answering questions.

​

http://info.travis-ci.com/e/845883/user-for-beginners-/f2qm1/279582240?h=SpzuHwn34Ybks2z0QhUTrUV0WFjJBfl6J-9R0n41JN4

									Copyright © 2021, All rights reserved.

Idera Dev Ops Tools