Too many reads

ael law_ence.dev at ntlworld.com
Wed Jan 6 11:42:25 GMT 2021

For long time, I have encountered problems with offlineimap crashing out at
the
  self.__sync()
at line 289 in account.py . I forget the error message, but something
like "Too many reads."

Just trying again, sometimes more than once, cleared the problem.

But eventually, I hit a case where it was very persistant.

I tried increasing the loop count in syncrunner :

diff accounts.py accounts.py_back
287,288c287,288
<         # Loop account sync if needed (bail out after 5 failures - was 3).
<         looping = 5
---
>         # Loop account sync if needed (bail out after 3 failures).
>         looping = 3

and that seems to have fixed the problem. Perhaps a longer loop is
needed on more modern faster processors?

ael