[Openstack-devel] postinst and config scripts for nova-api

YunQiang Su wzssyqa at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 06:06:05 UTC 2012

On Fri, Aug 31, 2012 at 1:28 PM, Thomas Goirand <thomas at goirand.fr> wrote:
> On 08/31/2012 11:07 AM, YunQiang Su wrote:
>> Hi,  I write an postinst and config scripts for nova-api,
>> In them, it config the auth information in /etc/nova/api-paste.ini ,
>> And they can also create user, service etc in keystone.
>>
>> I haven't test it and not sure whether they will have some side effect.
>> If it did work, to add them to another packages, such as glance-api etc
>> will be an good idea.
>>
>> Best regard.
>
> Hi!
>
> While what you are doing might be a good idea (it's always cool to have
> more debconf stuff), right now is simply not the time to do it at all.
> Wheezy is frozen, and these changes would be simply refused by the
> release team. So we can't apply this in unstable.

yes, I shouldn't touch the wheezy with patch like this.
The people who are using wheezy must have their way to deploy it, with
manual script or puppet etc.
> Probably, it would be the right time to start working on nova in
> Experimental. But in this case, the nova-api package will go away, in
> the favor of nova-api-os-compute, nova-api-os-volume (this one would go
> in cinder, I believe, as nova-volume goes away), and nova-api-ec2.

I noticed that the experimental branch has been it git.
If so, then we can do it in debconf of nova-api-os-compute and nova-api-ec2.

The name of nova-api-os-compute is not very cool :(

> Also, while I am very happy that you get in touch with me privately, I
> think it would be even better if you get in touch with all the openstack
> packaging team through the public mailing list (which I am Cc:-ing in
> this mail, I hope you don't mind).
>
> I've also had a look to your QA page. It seems that you are doing lots
> of work in the Chinese IM stuff, which is great. It's even better if you
> can contribute to other stuff. Chinese people mostly do Chinese input
> which is needed, but I'd be happy to involve them more in other
> packaging work.
>
> Where are you from by the way? I myself live in Shanghai. I can see that
> your PGP key has been signed by Anthony Fok and Liang Guo, which makes
> me think you must be living in the north of mainland China. Do you
> sometimes come to Shanghai? You'd be welcome!

I am in Beijing now. I will very please to meet with you if I be in Shanghai.

--
YunQiang Su