[Openstack-devel] Write access to the Sheepdog package

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Wed Dec 5 14:24:07 UTC 2012

On 12/02/2012 02:58 PM, YunQiang Su wrote:
>     Would you be ok that I check on the package and tell you my findings (if
>     there are any to tell about), or perhaps directly commit to the git? Or
>     maybe you prefer to wait until you need sponsoring again?
>
> You can push anything you think worth to alioth git directly.
> If I have any other opion, I will talk about it with you then.

I have pushed few changes. They are described in debian/changelog.

One of the change is that I renamed the packaging branch as
"debian/experimental" (eg: not master anymore), so the "master" branch
is the one of upstream, and as a consequence, get-vcs-source works as
expected. There's no pristime-tar and upstream branches in Alioth
anymore. The debian/gbp.conf file has been updated accordingly. I did
all this because you seem to be OK with these changes and tried to
implement it too.

The other important change was the handling of /etc/default/sheepdog,
which wasn't policy compliant. It is completely forbidden to have a file
marked as "conffiles" and change it with a script (every files which you
ship in the package directly in /etc are "conffiles").

Let me know if you think some of my changes aren't good. I don't mind if
you feel like some of my commits should be reverted (I don't want to
impose any packaging style on you...). The only one which is absolutely
100% necessary is the debconf handling of /etc/default/sheepdog. Because
of it, it would be a good idea to upload the fixed version asap (but you
may as well wait for the deconf templates review and translations). So,
let me know when you want me to upload.

Besides my changes, I didn't have much time to test the new package, and
I probably will not work on it much later on, I just thought you would
have appreciated the few fixes.

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand

P.S: Where do you live? I live in Shanghai...