[Openstack-devel] Booth material G* summit

Luca Capello luca at pca.it
Thu Jul 5 15:50:53 UTC 2012

Hi there!

For the new Cc:s:

- DPL, logo/trademark-(sort of)related question

- Events team, material/participation

Please keep myself Cc:ed if you remove the Debian Events team.

I am sorry for the delay, I was traveling to DebConf12 and missed this.

On Thu, 28 Jun 2012 16:00:47 -0600, carl.chenet at ohmytux.com wrote:
> On 28/06/2012 13:01, Loic Dachary wrote:
>> On 06/21/2012 09:54 AM, Loic Dachary wrote:
>>> Thank you for the useful advices regarding the acquisition of
>>> material to organize a Debian table for the next OpenStack summit
>>> :-) To keep things simple I would like to first order a kakemoko /
>>> totem and a table cloth. These I should be able to transport fairly
>>> easily. You had everything in a single suitcase yesterday, I should
>>> be able to do the same.
>>>
>>> I cc Maya who is in charge of Marketing for our company. She most
>>> certainly knows the kind of graphics (size ? format ?) we need to
>>> give to the maker of the kakemoko / totem because she made a few
>>> for eNovance already.
>>>
>>> I would very much appreciate any pointer you may have ( graphics, people etc. ;-)
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Emilien made a nice OpenStack debian logo we could you to create the totem ;-)
>>
>> http://debostack.org/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/cropped-logo-openstack.png

Just for everybody to know, the Debian logo is under the "Debian Open
Use Logo" license:

  <http://www.debian.org/logos/#open-use>

  The logo without “Debian” is released under the following common free
  software license.

  Copyright (c) 1999 Software in the Public Interest

  Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining
  a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the
  "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including
  without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish,
  distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to
  permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to
  the following conditions:

  The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be
  included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.

  THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND,
  EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF
  MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND
  NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE
  LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION
  OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION
  WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.

  The logo with “Debian” is released under the following license, due to
  ongoing concerns about trademarks <http://www.debian.org/trademark>.

  Copyright (c) 1999 Software in the Public Interest
  This logo or a modified version may be used by anyone to refer to the
  Debian project, but does not indicate endorsement by the project.

  Note: we would appreciate that you make the image a link to
  http://www.debian.org/ if you use it on a web page.

Given that in the image above there is a ™ character, does this mean
that the Debian swirl is simply considered as a "O" (uppercase), so the
trademark refers to Openstack?

> If you need help with Debian merchandising, I think Luca Capello (CCing
> him) could help you. I guess he's more used to deal with that than I am,
> especially if you need table cloth, banner or things like that.

I did not receive any news on this, so I guess my help was not strictly
needed.

Loic already did that in the past (thank you again), but I want to
stress once more that the Debian Events team would like to be notified
whenever there is new event-related material/ṕarticipation of any kind,
not only to get visibility on the Debian website, but also to have a
sort of registry, in case.

Thx, bye,
Gismo / Luca