[Openstack-devel] There are three ways to solve this bug #673805

Mehdi Abaakouk sileht at sileht.net
Tue Jun 19 07:29:03 UTC 2012

Hi Thomas,

On Mon, Jun 18, 2012 at 03:06:47PM +0800, Thomas Goirand wrote:
> Package: quantum-plugin-cisco
>  [...]

> Provides: quantum-plugin
> Conflicts: quantum-plugin

This "Provides" the classic way to provide a virtual package (ie:
quantum-plugin)
With the "Conflicts" field, only one plugin is allowed at the same time.

> Replaces: python-quantum (<< 2012.1-3)
> Breaks: python-quantum (<< 2012.1-3)

Only this part is for #673805, because one python file from
each plugin has been moved from python-quantum to each plugins package.
So I have applied policy 7.6.1

> And same for the quantum-plugin-openvswitch quantum-plugin-sample,
> quantum-plugin-nicira, quantum-plugin-linuxbridge, quantum-plugin-ryu.

> If the problem was *only* #673805, then that's wrong. Only a Replaces:
> was necessary, and Provides, Clonflicts and Breaks should go away. In
> Debian, it makes absolutely *no sense at all* to have both Conflicts and
> Breaks at the same time. The Conflicts: and Replaces: are enough here,
> what was missing for the upgrade was the Replaces: only. Since git blame
> shows that it's Mehdi, I've Cc:-ed you. :)

I hope, I have aswered your question :)

Mehdi Abaakouk
sileht at sileht.net