[Openstack-devel] There are three ways to solve this bug #673805

Mehdi Abaakouk sileht at sileht.net
Tue Jun 19 07:42:28 UTC 2012

Hi Ola,

On Mon, Jun 18, 2012 at 10:23:36PM +0200, Ola Lundqvist wrote:
> Hi Thomas
>
> Sorry for not being clear. I started the email with one intention
> but ended up in another.
>
> Alternative 1. Just close it.
>
> Alternative 2. Make sure that all the plugin packages actually contain
>  anything useful. Some packages are virtually empty. Is there
>  a specific reason for that?

Actually, the plugin package contain the configuration files
and the agent plugin package contain the init script of the agent
But all plugins files are in python-quantum
(/usr/share/pyshared/quantum/plugins)

I think that many files must be moved from python-quantum to the
quantum-plugin-*

> Alternative 3. Provide a proper Provides and replaces which
>  was already done.

I have take the solution 3, because I have just want to fix the RC bug and
I have only seen the "conflicts files, so add Replaces/Breaks"

> I'm leaning towards alternative 2, but it looks like someone have
> moved away from that alternative, and I would like to know why..
>
> // Ola

Mehdi Abaakouk
sileht at sileht.net