[Openstack-devel] Splitting the nova package (and possibly others)?

Roland Mas lolando at debian.org
Wed Nov 14 16:46:46 UTC 2012

Roland Mas, 2012-11-14 15:14:30 +0100 :

[...]

>   It may also be possible to just change nova-common to ask for the
> remote database information if the user chooses not to create the
> database with dbconfig-common.

  This approach seems simpler, and I've got a working prototype here.
Since it involves the shared pgkos_func script, I'll have to check
whether it also requires changes to other packages (beyond nova) before
I commit, but I think this is promising after a not-very-interactive
installation:

,----
| root at os-mgmt:~# nova-manage service list
| Binary           Host                                 Zone             Status     State Updated_At
| nova-cert        os-node1                             nova             enabled    :-)   None
| nova-compute     os-node1                             nova             enabled    :-)   None
| nova-network     os-node1                             nova             enabled    :-)   None
| nova-cert        os-mgmt                              nova             enabled    :-)   2012-11-14 16:43:11.850629
| nova-scheduler   os-mgmt                              nova             enabled    :-)   2012-11-14 16:43:11.876556
`----

(And similar results from os-node1, the "compute" node.)

Roland.
--
Roland Mas

Using a big hammer without caution can cause big damage.
  -- PostgreSQL documentation, chapter 42