[Openstack-devel] Splitting the nova package (and possibly others)?

Roland Mas lolando at debian.org
Mon Nov 19 17:43:59 UTC 2012

Roland Mas, 2012-11-19 17:24:09 +0100 :

[...]

>   To summarize: contrary to what you claim, my changes:
> - work (yes, I do test);
> - made it possible to *use* a remote database (as opposed to creating
>   it), which wasn't possible before;
> - didn't remove anything;
> - didn't break anything.
>
>   I'm not saying the changeset is perfect, and maybe it can be made
> better.  But the current code is actually working and actually useful,
> so I don't understand your objections to it.

  I just noticed you actually went and reverted anyway, without waiting
for the explanations you requested.  I'm not too happy about that, as
you can guess.  But whatever, I'll find something else to work on.  In
the meantime, since you seem to appropriate this piece of code, please
provide a way to tell nova-common to use a remote database server with
Debconf.  Until you do that, those of us who actually try to run the
packages on several hosts are stuck.

  Alternatively, you could just unrevert.  I just did a full test with
the patch re-applied.  Actually, two full tests, with and without the
relevant preseeding.  Both cases work, as already mentioned.

Roland.
--
Roland Mas

...your network won't even know it's talking to a proxy, unless of
course, the proxy doesn't work.  -- in Linux 2.4 NAT HOWTO