[Openstack-devel] Ceilometer version computing on clean

Julien Danjou acid at debian.org
Tue Nov 20 17:15:31 UTC 2012

On Mon, Nov 19 2012, Julien Danjou wrote:

> Since you reported your issues with "python setup.py clean" using "git
> fetch' while packaging Ceilometer, I came up with a solution that might
> help you.
> openstack.common.setup only tries to use git if it can't find the local
> version in the `versioninfo` file. So I figured out that creating this
> file should avoid this.

But unfortunately, it's not enough.

I've sent a patch upstream¹ that, if it's accepted, should fix this
issue by allowing you to add:

      export OS_VERSION_OVERRIDE=$(VERSION)

in debian/rules to set the version to whatever you like.

Unfortunately, since this patch is needed at clean time, I am not sure
that you can easily use it in debian/patches.

I'll keep you in touch.

¹  https://review.openstack.org/#/c/16547/

--
Julien Danjou