[Openstack-devel] Splitting the nova package (and possibly others)?

Roland Mas lolando at debian.org
Wed Nov 21 18:56:11 UTC 2012

Thomas Goirand, 2012-11-20 22:32:39 +0800 :

[...]

>> Wrong.  The low-priority Debconf question is in dbconfig-common, so
>> unless you dpkg-reconfigure -plow *dbconfig-common*, you'll never see
>> the possibility to use remote databases.
>
> Quite not. If I do dpkg-reconfigure -plow dbconfig-common, I have the
> following questions:

  My point exactly.  You need to reconfigure dbconfig-common in addition
to nova/glance/*.

[...]

> Password of the database's administrative user: XXXX

> Now, please tell me, what's the problem???

  The XXXX above, as in "you don't have it".

[...]

> Just saying "reverting it is *wrong*" doesn't make a valid technical
> point at all.

  No, it's a procedural point.  If you think what I did can be improved,
then by all means improve it.  But reverting someone's work on the
simple basis that you don't like it is very rude and totally
improductive.

[...]

> Well, I would *like* to use more than one server, but I don't have it
> available. If you would like to donate one to me, be my guess. In the
> mean while, I'm working this way.

  I don't have an extra server to donate.  I don't even use a server for
myself, actually: it all happens on my workstation, with three
VirtualBox VMs.

[...]

>> So it does not work. Stop claiming it does.
>
> Right! Call me a liar...
> Don't you think you are going a little bit too far here?

  I'm not calling you a liar.  "Liar" implies malicious intent, and I
don't think you're deliberately obstructive.  However, I do believe
you're honestly mistaken.

[...]

> (and everyone has limits...).

  Exactly.

  For those following the drama at home: I regret to say that you'll
have to find another source of entertainment, since I give up.  I just
don't care enough.

Roland.
--
Roland Mas

Bada, bada, ba-da-da-daaa, doudou, doudou, dou-dou-dou-dou-baaa.
  -- in Song without words #1 (Paul Leavitt)