[Openstack-devel] Ceilometer packaging

Julien Danjou acid at debian.org
Mon Nov 26 17:17:02 UTC 2012

Hi there,

I've pushed a bunch of changes on the Ceilometer packages so that it
works correctly. Most notably:

- I've updated the dependency on stevedore to >= 0.6, and also uploaded
  stevedore 0.6 to unstable (I'm its maintainer).
- Remove egg-info on clean
- Remove override_dh_gencontrol since it's in pkgos.make
- Added a patch to lower pymongo deps. It's too high in Ceilometer for
  no reason, I've sent a patch upstream that has already been merged:
  https://review.openstack.org/#/c/16894/
- I've added a missing dependency on python-keystone for ceilometer-api
  This is likely to change, read more after.
- Enhanced packages descriptions
- Added pymongo and sqlalchemy as recommends for collector and api,
  since they are the ones connecting to the storage backend, and remove
  sqlalchemy deps on python-ceilometer
- Add missing dependency on novaclient

Now, that works correctly, but I'd like to continue packaging next
upstream snapshots and versions. This is not possible for at least the
following reason: ceilometer-api upstream now uses the keystone
middleware from keystoneclient >= 0.2 which is not packaged yet.

Also, I though it'd be nice to run the unit test at build time. This is
not possible currently because of version conflicts with glanceclient,
which needs to be updated to >= 0.6.0.

So this leads to the following item to do to move forward:
- update keystoneclient package to >= 0.2
- update glanceclient package to >= 0.6

Cheerse,
--
Julien Danjou