[Openstack-devel] Current status of Folsom packaging (partial)

Roland Mas lolando at debian.org
Mon Oct 29 09:55:05 UTC 2012

Thomas Goirand, 2012-10-27 16:53:38 +0800 :

[...]

> I think it's a very good idea to have a scripted install with
> preseeds, like Roland wrote (please share that in the
> openstack-auto-builder git repo), so we can check that everything
> installs ok.

I cleaned my script a bit, but it's still pretty much ad-hoc and adapted
to my setup: it starts with restoring a VM snapshot, then starts that
VM.  In my case, the snapshot has the base system installed, plus
PostgreSQL, and a mini-dinstall generating a repository that's
registered in the sources.list.  And on the workstation side, dput is
configured to push to that mini-dinstall instance (hence the invocations
of debrelease in the script).  Also note that the workstation is
configured to SSH the node as root by default, and that an appropriate
SSH key has been installed on the node.

  Still, I'm attaching it to this message, as they say, in the hope that
it will be useful, but without any warranty.  Also attached are
dbconfig-common preseed files. Feel free to tweak and adjust.

> It would be even more awesome to have yet another script
> that checks that everything is working, uploading a VM image in
> Glance, creating a nova network, starting a VM and mount a Cinder
> volume on it.

  Given I'm still not familiar enough with what the various components
are meant to do, I guess I'll pass on that one.

> I also think it'd be fun to write some meta packages, like
> "openstack-proxy-node", and "openstack-compute-node". Such meta
> packages could also hold scripts to register services in Keystone
> (keystone service-create and keystone endpoint-create calls). Bonus
> point if it supports regions and cells... :)

  No idea what regions and cells are, but I agree with the idea of
meta-packages.  I'll see what I can do.

Roland.
--
Roland Mas

C   c e    e l    m  re q   j  l   a l  l  iè e  .
  -- Signatures à collectionner, série n°1, partie 3/3.