[Openstack-devel] Current state of the Folsom packaging

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Tue Oct 30 15:26:50 UTC 2012

On 10/30/2012 10:58 AM, Nicolas Marchal wrote:
> Hello Thomas,
>
> Thanks for the hard work !
>
> Do you know when the swift packages will be ready ?
>
> Thanks
> Nicolas

Hi,

I couldn't tell, so I had a look.

I haven't done any function tests with Swift yet. The problem is that to
test swift, you need to have at least 5 servers running. My plan was to
test nova + glance + keystone, so that I can install swift on 5 VMs
running on that mini single server cloud. I can't do that yet, since I
don't have nova up and running.

However, swift is a lot more stable than the rest of Openstack. I don't
think the codebase has changed that much, so it should be working out of
the box with what we currently have in the Git on alioth. The unit tests
of swift are almost all running without any error (only 1 fail):

FAIL: test_bad_sinces (test.unit.obj.test_server.TestObjectController)
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File
"/home/zigo/openstack-auto-builder/sources/swift/build-area/swift-1.7.4/test/unit/obj/test_server.py",
line 1479, in test_bad_sinces
     self.assertEquals(resp.status_int, 412)
AssertionError: 200 != 412
     '200 != 412' = '%s != %s' % (safe_repr(200), safe_repr(412))
     '200 != 412' = self._formatMessage('200 != 412', '200 != 412')
 >>  raise self.failureException('200 != 412')

If you have any idea what that is, please let me know! :P

I tried to have a look still, and managed to find only cosmetic issues,
for which you can see the changes here:
http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=openstack/swift.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/debian/experimental

The Swift package is lintian clean (if you don't account missing man pages).

If it isn't working as expected, let the packaging team know, and we'll
have a look ASAP.

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand