[Openstack-devel] Fwd: Debian OpenstackHowto

Loic Dachary loic at enovance.com
Fri Sep 7 10:06:33 UTC 2012

On 09/06/2012 07:57 PM, Rolf Wuerdemann wrote:

> [...]
Added

Restart the keystone server so that the token is taken into account
{{{
/etc/init.d/keystone restart
}}}

> b) "ADMIN_ROLE=$(keystone role-list|awk '/ admin / { print $2 }')"
>
> The roles are not initialized on debian wheezy, so
> ADMIN_ROLE=$(get_id keystone role-create --name admin)
> KEYSTONEADMIN_ROLE=$(get_id keystone role-create --name KeystoneAdmin)
> KEYSTONESERVICEADMIN_ROLE=$(get_id keystone role-create --name
> KeystoneServiceAdmin)
>
> would suite better than:
> ADMIN_ROLE=$(keystone role-list|awk '/ admin / { print $2 }')
> KEYSTONEADMIN_ROLE=$(keystone role-list|awk '/ KeystoneAdmin / { print
> $2 }')
> KEYSTONESERVICEADMIN_ROLE=$(keystone role-list|awk '/
> KeystoneServiceAdmin / { print $2 }')
Change applied.

> c) Dashboard: As it seems apache2 isn't listening on 8080
> in wheezy - maybe a small notice will help
I adeed:

Note: by default apache does not listen on port '''8080''' and you will have to modify the configuration.

Thanks. It's something that will definitely help improve the howto and I scheduled a task to work on it, including the provided configuration at https://labs.enovance.com/issues/457
> e) As it seems "apt-get purge" didn't remove all information
> of an prior openstack installation - at least the instances
> are known to the system (even with dropping the sql tables)
That would deserve a bug report again the package which is failing to remove files / data. Which one is it ?
> f) I've ruled out the small question by my self (flat dhcp
> wasn't working properly)
Yes, the HOWTO was tested using VLan only.

Thanks a lot for your input !