[Openstack-devel] Restricting write access on the OpenStack group on Alioth

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Fri Apr 12 17:14:54 UTC 2013

Hi,

Because of security concerns (everyone has enough Unix rights to rm -r
/git/openstack/*), I intend to restrict a bit the access rights on the
Openstack packaging project on Alioth.

Only the people I know well, like those working at eNovance, those who
are DDs, or who are in the Ubuntu packaging team (like James page, and I
hope soon Zul, if he joins), will keep write access, and also everyone
who did commit recently (which will be only Prach Pongpanich for the
moment) will keep the commit writes.

This means that I intend to remove:
- gustavo panizzo
- manish yadav
- Sebastien Badia
- Alaa Agwa

from the packaging project.

If you are one of the above persons, or if you think that I am doing a
big mistake, please let me know asap, and I will revert. I am also
waiting a reasonable delay before doing it (few days).

Again, this is only for security reasons: we shouldn't keep any dead
accounts with no commits. I have absolutely nothing against the above
persons, I'm just not currently convinced they need access, and I don't
know them.