[Openstack-devel] Problem with upgrading keystone from folsom to grizzly

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Wed Apr 24 10:58:58 UTC 2013

On 04/24/2013 06:20 PM, Maciej Gałkiewicz wrote:
> 2013-04-24 12:18:19 TRACE nova AssertionError: There is no script for 83
> version
>
> tables in keystone db:
> keystone=# \dt
>                  List of relations
>  Schema |          Name          | Type  |  Owner
> --------+------------------------+-------+----------
>  public | ec2_credential         | table | keystone
>  public | endpoint               | table | keystone
>  public | metadata               | table | keystone
>  public | migrate_version        | table | keystone
>  public | role                   | table | keystone
>  public | service                | table | keystone
>  public | tenant                 | table | keystone
>  public | token                  | table | keystone
>  public | user                   | table | keystone
>  public | user_tenant_membership | table | keystone
> (10 rows)
>
> regards
> Maciej Gałkiewicz

Hi,

You have a problem in Nova, why do you show me the tables of keystone?

Then I had a look into:
/usr/share/pyshared/nova/db/sqlalchemy/migrate_repo/versions/

and indeed, there's no "83" version. It starts at something like 133.
The number 83 is what comes just right after Essex. So I wonder: were
you trying to upgrade directly from Essex to Folsom? If so, then it
might not work at all because... not supported upstream.