[Openstack-devel] Problem with upgrading keystone from folsom to grizzly

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Wed Apr 24 15:08:29 UTC 2013

On 04/24/2013 08:35 PM, Maciej Gałkiewicz wrote:
> On 24 April 2013 12:58, Thomas Goirand <zigo at debian.org
> <mailto:zigo at debian.org>> wrote:
>
>     You have a problem in Nova, why do you show me the tables of keystone?
>

> I have nova essex and I am trying to upgrade keystone from folsom to
> grizzly.

What??? I don't think it's reasonable to try to do this. Either upgrade
all of the compontents, either upgrade none.

> Right now keystone and glance are the only parts of openstack
> which I managed to upgrade to folsom. I have failed with nova because
> of http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=700620.

It's easy to fix. Delete /etc/nova/nova.conf (copy it elsewhere first if
you need a copy), and do the upgrade, and it will just work.

> If I
> understand correctly I will not be able to upgrade essex to folsom and
> then folsom to grizzly.

That's quite the opposite way. I don't think you can upgrade directly,
and you need to do essex -> folsom -> grizzly. That's why upgrading nova
failed, IMO.

> You meant
> upgrade directly from essex to grizzly, didn't you?

Yeah! In such case, you'd be missing the db upgrades from essex to
folsom, so upgrading to grizzly would fail.

I hope this helps,