[Openstack-devel] Packaging things for OpenStack in Debian

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Thu Aug 15 13:42:46 UTC 2013

On 08/13/2013 06:50 AM, Kouhei Maeda wrote:
> 2013/8/2 Thomas Goirand <zigo at debian.org>:
>> Can you please fill the VCS feilds, and upload both packaging to the Git
>> on Alioth? I'll review the packages (and possibly modify them a bit if I
>> see it's needed) when done.
>

> Hi,
>
> I've filled the VCS fields, and uploaded to the Git on Alioth.
>
> git://anonscm.debian.org/openstack/swiftsc.git
> git://anonscm.debian.org/openstack/backup2swift.git
>
> Best regards,

Hi,

I sponsored swiftsc, though for backup2swift debian/py3dist-override has
"etuptools" instead of "setuptools" (the initial s is missing). I have
committed the fix to Git.

I also would like to rephase the long description. Currently you have:

"This tool is that backup data to OpenStack Swift. provides features are
command line interface, and backup rotatition. This is depend on
swiftsc, that is simple client library of OpenStack Swift."

My proposal:

This utility is used to backup data to OpenStack Swift. It provides a
command interface and backup rotation. It depends on a simple swift
client library called swiftsc.
.
This package provides the python 3 module."

If you agree I may upload the package with the above modifications.

Thanks for your contribution to Debian,