[Openstack-devel] python-nose-exclude_0.2.0-1_amd64.changes REJECTED

Paul Tagliamonte paultag at debian.org
Sat Dec 28 15:39:32 UTC 2013

On Sat, Dec 28, 2013 at 03:21:47PM +0800, Thomas Goirand wrote:
> Hi Paul,
>
> Thanks a lot for your review, and sorry for this.

It's cool :)

> The problem, like for many, many PyPi python modules, is that upstream
> just simply removes the LICENSE and COPYRIGHT files from the archive in
> pypi.python.org, even though it's available from the Git / HG
> repository. Now that I'm aware this is a common practice, I'll pay more
> attention to it. Do you think it should be possible to warn people
> behind pypi about this nasty problem?

Well, it's likely a result of an incomplete MANIFEST.in file that
creates the tarballs for pypi (python setup.py sdist)

If you know this is the case, if you send an href to the repo and note
this in the copyright, I'd be a bit laxer on it, since it is pretty
clear (or you can use the tarball from GitHub or wherever, which would
have full sources)

> I have reworked a package using the tag at
> https://bitbucket.org/kgrandis/nose-exclude. I am using:
> git clone hg::https://bitbucket.org/kgrandis/nose-exclude
>
> Then I do:
> git archive --prefix=$(DEBPKGNAME)-$(VERSION)/ $(GIT_TAG) \
> 	| xz >../$(DEBPKGNAME)_$(VERSION).orig.tar.xz
>
> This way, the Debian orig file is using xz, and the upstream tag,
> instead of the pypi tar.gz.

Sick. Nice move.

> Also, I have noticed that the package was released in LGPL 2.1 and
> later. I have corrected the copyright file to reflect this, and
> re-uploaded the package. Please check for it. I need it to be able to
> update Horizon (openstack dashboard), as its unit tests are completely
> failing without nose-exclude.
>
> Also, not that the problem is the same for django-bootstrap-form, with
> the added difficulty that upstream isn't tagging things correctly in
> github, so I had to do some archeology to find out which tag
> corresponded to which PyPi release. I'll rework that one package too,
> and re-upload as well soon (probably today or tomorrow).
>
> Cheers,
>
> Thomas Goirand (zigo)

Thanks, zigo! I see alteholz already accepted this, just wanted to reply :)

Cheers,
  Paul

--
 .''`.  Paul Tagliamonte <paultag at debian.org>  |   Proud Debian Developer
: :'  : 4096R / 8F04 9AD8 2C92 066C 7352  D28A 7B58 5B30 807C 2A87