[Openstack-devel] Debian packages for ftp-cloudfs and sftpcloudfs (was: Re: Fixes pour le packaging de ftp-cloudfs)

Thomas Goirand thomas at goirand.fr
Tue Feb 5 08:48:10 UTC 2013

On 02/05/2013 03:40 PM, Christophe Le Guern wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 5, 2013 at 4:25 AM, Thomas Goirand <zigo at debian.org> wrote:
>> On 02/05/2013 01:20 AM, Chmouel Boudjnah wrote:
>>> On Mon, Feb 4, 2013 at 5:39 PM, Thomas Goirand <zigo at debian.org
>>> <mailto:zigo at debian.org>> wrote:
>>>
>>>     So, could you please push to your Github repository a new version
>>>     without the debian folder, and retag accordingly, so that I can use that
>>>     for the packaging? I'll upload to Debian when done.
>>>

>>> I have just done that, sorry Juan i have just pushed the change straight
>>> into github without going by prior review since this was pretty
>>> straighforward. The debian/unstable branch is available here  :
>>>
>>> https://github.com/chmouel/ftp-cloudfs/tree/debian/unstable
>>>
>>> Chmouel.
>
> Hello guys,
>
>> Thanks, however, could you please make a new tag for the master branch?
>> I need it, since my git-buildpackage thing is using tags to create the
>> orig.tar.xz.
>
> Don't you need "gbp.conf" as well ? In your gbp.conf example, you defined
> "debian-branch = debian/experimental", shouldn't it be "debian-branch
> = debian/unstable" ?

Hi everyone,

I'm adding the Debian pkg-openstack public list in the loop if you don't
mind. Feel free to join the list if you want.

Well, currently, I'm going to upload to Experimental, since Wheezy is
frozen, so I use debian/experimental in both branch names and
debian/gbp.conf.

> Do you mean you started creating a patch as for ftp-cloudfs ?

I mean, I'm *finished* with doing the packaging for both ftp-cloudfs and
sftpcloudfs. They are both available from alioth.debian.org:

Vcs-Browser: http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=openstack/ftp-cloudfs.git
Vcs-Git: git://anonscm.debian.org/openstack/ftp-cloudfs.git

and

Vcs-Browser: http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=openstack/sftpcloudfs.git
Vcs-Git: git://anonscm.debian.org/openstack/sftpcloudfs.git

As I wrote above, I used debian/experimental as branches. Feel free to
pull from it (or not: it's fine to leave me the work of doing the Debian
maintenance ...). I don't really like github (because it is running on
non-free software: you will never get the sources of github itself), so
please don't ask me to create an account and do a "pull request". Git is
by its nature distributed anyway, so it's perfectly fine for me to
continue using Alioth.debian.org.

Now, the only problem left is that when I start sftpcloudfs, I have the
message that there's no auth-url directive, but I have no idea what to
put in it. Is this the URL of a keystone endpoint? Could this be
documented better? If I enter something, but there's no real server
behind it, will sftpcloudfs start anyway? I'm not confident to upload
without testing it first, so please do. Also, would it make sense to use
debconf to configure this auth-url directive? I can do that if you think
it's a good idea (I do...). If we go that way, please review this
template (review it keeping in mind that a newbie who doesn't know
SFTPCloudFS should be able to understand what to type):

Template: sftpcloudfs/auth-url
Type: string
 In order to authenticate it's users, SFTPCloudFS needs to connect to an
authentication server (eg RackSpace Cloud Files, OpenStack). Enter the
URL of that server.

Later on, it's probable that the Debian internationalization team will
also have a look and change that Debconf template.

Last thing, you will find in both ftp-cloudfs and sftpcloudfs, in the
Debian folder, a man page for the daemon. I wrote be using what could
see in the README.md. Best would be if you could take that man page out
of the Debian folder, and put it in your upstream branch, so it wont be
a debian specific patch. Please also review the page to make sure I
didn't do any mistake.

I think that's it. When you've tested the Debian package and we have the
auth-url thing for sftpcloudfs, I will be able to upload.

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand