[Openstack-devel] Debian packages for ftp-cloudfs and sftpcloudfs

Thomas Goirand thomas at goirand.fr
Tue Feb 5 10:22:41 UTC 2013

On 02/05/2013 05:14 PM, Juan J. Martinez wrote:
> It is the authentication URL and it's usually provided by the cloud
> storage provider (Rackspace, Memset, ... your own OpenStack Object
> Storage instance).
>
> ftp-cloudfs uses Rackspace auth URL by default, that's why it *works*
> "by default". My employer offers a cloud storage solution and I didn't
> develop sftp-cloudfs using Cloud Files so I didn't use that as default.
>
> Take a look to (it's for ftp-cloudfs, but it's the same for sftp-cloudfs):
>
> https://github.com/chmouel/ftp-cloudfs/wiki/QuickStart
>
> ... in "Basic configuration" there is a description of the auth URL and
> some examples.
>
> Just let me clarify that it's not Auth 2.0 (what you call Keystone; we
> have an experimental branch for that in ftp-cloudfs), it's Auth 1.0.
>
> I can see two different actions here:
>
>   - I can definitely improve the documentation on this part.
>   - Use Cloud Files auth URL as default (same than ftp-cloudfs).
>
> I'll make a ticket so I don't forget :)

The problem that I have is that:

root at GPLHost:dom0>_ ~# grep auth-url /etc/sftpcloudfs/sftpcloudfs.conf
auth-url = https://auth.api.rackspacecloud.com/v1.0
root at GPLHost:dom0>_ ~# /usr/bin/sftpcloudfs
--config=/etc/sftpcloudfs/sftpcloudfs.conf
Usage: sftpcloudfs [options]

sftpcloudfs: error: No auth-url provided

I have the exact same problem with the key argument, so I believe that
the --config= thing doesn't work at all. Can you look into this issue?