[Openstack-devel] New version of python-fixtures for debian experimental

Thomas Goirand thomas at goirand.fr
Fri Feb 15 06:53:37 UTC 2013

On 02/15/2013 05:04 AM, Robert Collins wrote:
> Hi Thomas, I've been meaning to move all my Python packages to the
> DPMT, just a lack of tuits. Please feel free to NMU anything in the
> interim until I get around to that.
>
> [Thanks for the offer to sponsor, but I am a DD :)].
>
> Cheers,
> Rob

Hi Robert,

I made couples of changes in your package, despite just the new upstream
release:

  * Now using compat and debhelper 9.
  * Using parsable format 1.0 for debian/copyright.
  * Now using source format 3.0 (quilt).
  * Build-depends on python (>= 2.6.6-3~), remove python-dev
    build-depends.
  * Standard-Version is now 3.9.4 (no change but the above).
  * Added a debian/watch file.
  * Disabled test suite as it fails.
  * Added a homepage field.
  * Removes /usr/share/cdbs/1/rules/simple-patchsys.mk since it's now
    deprecated.

I believe you will agree with these changes which were necessary (the
package is now lintian clean, it wasn't before), so I have upload it. I
hope you wont mind. If you do, let me know, I can revert some of the
changes in a -2 Debian release, if you think it's necessary

Now, your package is still using CDBS. Since that would be a major
change, I have to ask you: would you be ok to switch to debhelper dh
short style and dh_python2? This seems to be what the python module team
uses, and it's often preferred over CDBS (better documentation, more
people using it). Please let me know your thoughts.