[Openstack-devel] Packaging a new version of python-itsdangerous

Simon Fondrie-Teitler simonft at riseup.net
Sat Jul 20 11:18:29 UTC 2013

Thomas Goirand <zigo at debian.org> writes:
> Hum... Someone has disabled Git. I've put that on my own repository on
> Alioth instead:
> http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=users/zigo/python-itsdangerous.git
> http://git.debian.org/git/users/zigo/python-itsdangerous.git

Looks good to me. I don't entirely understand what's going on in
debian/rules yet, so I'll have to take some time to look it over. Is
there any good, comprehensive, documentation on python3 packaging? I
can't seem to find anything.

Also, is there a reason you aren't including the documentation in a
python-itsdangerous-doc package? Is that not generally done with python
modules?

>> I was originally going to do that, but was under the impression that it
>> needed to be in the svn repository, and there was not a git option
>> yet. I'm am a member of the team.
>
> We were supposed to move to Git, though since some imposed to switch all
> or nothing, then it hasn't happened yet. Before the python-modules team
> switches to Git, I would suggest to *not* upload there, that would be a
> waste of time, and using backward tools like SVN. I personally decided
> to never upload new packaging code to SVN, even if this means not
> uploading to the team repository, unfortunately.
>
> Let me know if you need help, or if I can sponsor the upload / NMU,

I've got no problem with you uploading it. Would you mind adding that it
closes bug #714353 [0] to the changelog?

Thanks,
Simon Fondrie-Teitler

0. http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=714353