[Openstack-devel] python-heatclient

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Sun Jun 2 06:18:01 UTC 2013

On 06/02/2013 09:31 AM, Prach Pongpanich wrote:
> Hi Thomas,
>
> I fixed the #710718 bug [1] in the GIT repository, please
>
> Now, my key have been added to the active DM keyring.
> Thanks a lot.
>
> [1] http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=710718
>
> Cheers,
>   Prach

Hi Prach!

Please write to the list instead of writing to me, so that we keep
everything public. There's no reason to have only private exchanges,
it's also nice that others see that we are working together.

Well, the problem is a little bit more complex than you thought. Indeed,
in Wheezy, we need python-argparse, but not in Sid. And I do maintain a
backport of all of OpenStack for Wheezy.

So, to solve the problem and not have to fix it every time I do a
backport of python-heatclient, I have added some variable substitution
in case we are building in Wheezy. See the override_dh_gencontrol thing
in the debian/rules. This fixes the build result problem. I have
checked, and it worked well, we have the python-argparse dependency if
building in Wheezy! :)

As I also maintain some packages for Ubuntu, this also solve the problem
there, which is nice.

Though the problem is also that we need python-argparse at build time in
wheezy too. I'm not so sure how to fix it. Though the problem is only
the unit testing, so I have allowed it to fail under Wheezy, so we can
just ignore the build-time problem there.

I've just uploaded the resulting package! :)

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand

P.S: Please give me your GPG key ID, and let me know if you want some
ACL for packages you maintain. I'd have no problem granting you upload
since you've done great work so far.