[Openstack-devel] openstack-debian-images_0.1_amd64.changes REJECTED

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Sat Jun 15 10:44:22 UTC 2013

On 06/15/2013 05:59 PM, Thomas Goirand wrote:
> On Sat Jun 15 2013 05:04:52 PM CST, Ansgar Burchardt <ansgar at debian.org> wrote:
>> Then don't set a root password. You effectively make *every* user
>> equivalent to root as they can just use su.
>>
>> If people want or need a root password, they can set one themselves.
>>
>> Ansgar
>
> Then how would a user login through the OpenStack
> dashboard (Horizon) SPICE console?
>
> Thomas (from my phone)

Let me rephrase. Let's say there's no network, and a user needs to login
through the SPICE console to inspect what is going on. If there's no
root password, how can he do? Do you think it's best in this case to not
set a root password at all, so that a user can login with just typing
"root" and no password? That is what I think you are suggesting, but I'm
not sure.