[Openstack-devel] Please reject the oslo-config package

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Wed Mar 6 06:12:11 UTC 2013

Dear FTP masters,

Despite my concern, upstream authors of Openstack decided, at the last
minute, after the freeze of the next release, to both rename their
python module from "oslo-config" to "oslo.config" (notice the dot
instead of a dash in the middle...), plus they decided their version
number should go backward (from version 2013.1b4 to version 1.1.0b1).

Could you please reject the current oslo-config package, currently in
the NEW queue, so that I would avoid carrying both the EPOCH, and the
breaks:+replaces: for half a millennium until I die? Once that's done, I
will re-upload.

Sorry for the hassle, and thanks in advance,