[Openstack-devel] noVNC is considered non-free in Debian and Ubuntu

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Wed Mar 27 15:27:39 UTC 2013

Hi there!

We are packaging noVNC in Debian. Version 0.4 is currently in
Experimental, and an older version is in the next stable (eg: Debian 7,
aka Wheezy).

Unfortunately, it appears that what you maintain is considered non-free
for us. Here's the parts which we can't upload in Debian:

http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=openstack/novnc.git;a=blob_plain;f=debian/README.source;hb=HEAD

It would be great if you could remove the non-free parts of noVNC, so
that we wouldn't have to deal with differences from your upstream
repository. That is, using non-obfuscated js scripts, removing the PDF
for which no source code exist, and the SWF pre-compiled flash object.
All of these could be created during a build process, which I would be
happy to help with.

Your thoughts?

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand