[Openstack-devel] debdiff pour les fixes cloud-initramfs-tools

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Thu May 23 17:38:30 UTC 2013

Hi Julien,

Here's my patch for cloud-initramfs-tools, so that it may eventually
work as expected, as we discussed on IRC. If you could apply my patch,
and upload the fixed version in Sid, that would be super nice.

For folks who didn't follow, cloud-initramfs-growroot, which is to be
installed in the cloud image you want to build, resize the partition of
your image from the initrd. But there was 2 problems:
1/ it needs sed and awk which were not present by default
2/ there's a check of the output with --dry-run of growpart which fails,
that I disabled in my patch

With the above changes, my partition was resized as expected. My target
is an OpenStack cloud image (running with KVM), but maybe other cloud
users will find this helpful, which is why I am CC-ing debian-cloud at l.d.o.