[Openstack-devel] Moving all git repositories to git.gplhost.com

Lucas Nussbaum leader at debian.org
Wed Nov 20 22:02:02 UTC 2013

On 20/11/13 at 14:57 -0700, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
> No, it doesn't. Please don't.
>
> As a project, I think that it is important that we maintain packages in
> a consistant way across the whole distribution. That involves using
> standard tools and infrastructure, unless you have a very good reason to
> do so.

Additional note: I've seen that the idea of moving the packaging repo to
openstack.org was mentioned.

I don't have the same concerns with that idea as with moving the git
repositories to the employer of one of the maintainers.

However, this is an important decision, which has both advantages and
disadvantages, and I hope that you will discuss that idea with the other
contributors to OpenStack packaging before "announcing" a decision about
that.

Thank you for your contributions to Debian,

Lucas