[Openstack-devel] Moving all git repositories to git.gplhost.com

Thomas Goirand thomas at goirand.fr
Thu Nov 21 01:55:35 UTC 2013

On 11/21/2013 04:30 AM, Antoine Musso wrote:
> Le 20/11/13 10:32, Thomas Goirand a écrit :
>> For many reasons, I don't believe that Alioth is a good place to host
>> the packages for OpenStack.
> <snip>
>
> I might be missing a point but have you considered hosting the packages
> in OpenStack gerrit installation at review.openstack.org ?

I sure did! I got in touch with Monty about it on IRC, as per my

> I suppose any hacker interested in OpenStack already has an account
> there.

Correct.

> You could get direct support from the "upstream" developers by
> asking them for review.

I do not expect any packaging help from upstream, no.

> Additionally, you will gain support from an awesome sysadmin team (hey
> openstack-infra) and can tweak the servers configurations via a puppet
> change (openstack-infra/puppet).
>
> Once your Debian source lands there, you could have the continuous
> integration system to build package, run lintian & piupart and report
> back in Gerrit whenever a patchset is proposed.

Exactly! The set of tools that could be added would be:
- piuparts (in both Wheezy and Sid)
- lintian
- sbuild (with the double-build option, to make sure we clean correctly)
- adequate

Maybe also we could imagine running the tempest test suite using
packages. That would be really awesome.

Also, I would like to continue having an automated Debian repository
build, just the way I have right now.

I hope that all of the above will be up and running at some point, if we
move to that. I'm convince that's the way forward.