[Openstack-devel] PyPy out of date on many arch

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Fri Nov 22 09:12:43 UTC 2013

Hi Stefano,

First, thanks for working on the PyPy package.

PyPy is a dependency for many packages in Debian. On my side, I need
python-simplejson which depends on pypy, then python-wsme depends on
python-simplejson, and last, most of my OpenStack packages depend on
python-wsme. So indirectly, I need PyPy to be working, and migrated to
testing. Though it has been stuck in Sid for 70 days. As a consequence,
python-simplejson, python-wsme & many OpenStack packages can't migrate
to testing as well.

I had a try with porter boxes, indeed, on armhf and mipsel, PyPy is not
available.

Do you know what's going on? Do you think a fix could be done anytime
soon? If it can't be fixed for armhf and mipsel, could you declare this
in the debian/control, so that the packages can migrate to testing?

Last, do you need help?