[Openstack-devel] PyPy out of date on many arch

Stefano Rivera stefanor at debian.org
Fri Nov 22 17:30:19 UTC 2013

Hi Thomas (2013.11.22_11:27:03_+0200)
> > So indirectly, I need PyPy to be working, and migrated to testing.
> > Though it has been stuck in Sid for 70 days.

Yeah, sorry, I never got 2.1 through to testing, although it would have
been simple enough to get it built on armel and kfreebsd-amd64.

I've only just uploaded 2.2, and hope that within a couple of uploads we
can get it through to testing. The builds are slow, so it will probably
take several days.

However, this isn't what's blocking simplejson. It doesn't depend on a
version of pypy, newer than the one in testing. It's just FTBFSing
because PyPy isn't available on all archs.

There are big enough buildds for most archs. The problems are.
* kfreebsd-amd64 - will build before migrating to testing
  Used to have a big enough buildd, but doesn't any more. Christoph has
  been doing manual builds for me, when it's built everywhere else.
* armhf - not built
  Debian doesn't have any big enough buildds. I can reliably build this
  on my chromebook, but haven't discussed with the porters, if they'd
  want it in the archive.
* mipsel - not built
  No buildds big enough.
* mips - will build before migrating to testing
  This one is touch and go. There are buildds *just* big enough.

> As sgran pointed out on IRC, there's no mipsel machine with 4GB of RAM,

Doesn't need to have 4GB of RAM - it's a 32bit arch, so 2GB would be
fine, and 1.5GiB might even be enough. They will need at least 3GiB of
virtual memory, though, so a reasonable amount of swap.

> So I would suggest that you just declare PyPy not working on this
> arch.

How does that help anything?

SR

--