[Openstack-devel] Maintaining sqlalchemy-migrate in Debian

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Wed Nov 27 12:00:51 UTC 2013

Hi Jan,

First, thanks a lot for giving the OpenStack maintainers the opportunity
to take over sqlalchemy-migrate.

Since you stated that don't use sqlalchemy-migrate anymore, and that it
is now maintained by OpenStack, would you mind if I take over the debian
package maintenance as well?

Currently, there's version 0.8.2 that needs to be packaged:
https://github.com/stackforge/sqlalchemy-migrate/releases

This is blocking me from packaging OpenStack Ironic (which will slowly
replace nova-baremetal).

If you don't want me to just take over the package maintainership, there
are other options (in my order of preference):
- Maintain the package in the OpenStack team, since OpenStack
extensively uses it
- Maintain the package in the Python team (I wouldn't like it since they
enforce using SVN instead of Git)

In any case, I can keep you in the Uploaders: list.

If you don't want any of the above option, then could you please upload
a new version 0.8.2 to Sid?

Your thoughts?