[Openstack-devel] Comments regarding python-proboscis_1.2.6.0-1_amd64.changes

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Sat Oct 19 05:37:37 UTC 2013

On 10/19/2013 11:35 AM, Luke Faraone wrote:
> Dear maintainer,
>
> You can drop the name and email address from Copyright:; if you still want to
> include them you have Upstream-Contact: available to you.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Luke Faraone
> FTP Team

Why would I want to do this, when the proboscis.egg-info/PKG-INFO file
explicitly lists:

Home-page: https://github.com/rackspace/python-proboscis
Author: Rackspace
Author-email: tim.simpson at rackspace.com

This doesn't seem right to remove any reference to Rackspace here. I
would, on the contrary, be leaned into adding Rackspace as copyright
holder. Generally, having @<company-name> in a copyright file shows that
given <company-name> is involved. This is deeply in the culture of some
free software project, and certainly that's the norm inside OpenStack,
which is why I wrote things this way.

Your thoughts?

Thomas

P.S: I will of course follow the FTP masters recommendation on all the
packages I received comments on, I'm just trying to clarify things and
make sure we're on the same page.