[Openstack-devel] python-troveclient_0.1.4-1_amd64.changes REJECTED

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Sat Oct 19 05:43:50 UTC 2013

Hi Luke,

Thanks for this review.

On 10/19/2013 12:00 PM, Luke Faraone wrote:
> Dear maintainer,
>
> debian/copyright is **not** an AUTHORS list. This package appears to be
> Copyright (c) 2013 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P., and some other
> companies, not copyrighted each individual employee at HP who worked on it.

There's no proof of it in the source code, though I *know* that
Rackspace is involved in the writing of Trove, because I met the authors
during the last summit in Portland. It was called project "red dwarf" at
that time.

Having only HP in the debian/copyright is to me simply wrong. See my
other reply about emails@<company-name> as well.

> Your automated debian/copyright generation is most probably suboptimal for
> most packages, and is most certainly not a substitute for manual review.

I do review it manually.

> One  missed copyright holder:
>
> python-troveclient-0.1.4\troveclient\base.py:
>     Copyright 2010 Jacob Kaplan-Moss

Added in the git on Alioth.

Please reply to the above so that I can proceed with the eventual needed
modifications and re-upload.