[Openstack-devel] Packaging Mockito in Debian: copyright issue

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Sat Oct 19 05:55:39 UTC 2013

Hi there "Mockito maintainers",

I've tried to package and upload Mockito into Debian, unfortunately, the
package has been rejected with the below answer from the FTP team:

On 10/19/2013 12:00 PM, Luke Faraone wrote:>
> Dear maintainer,
>
> «license='MIT',» is not a license declaration. Can you get a more
> clear license grant from upstream, and include the relevant
> information in debian/copyright?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Luke Faraone
> FTP Team

Please:
1/ Write a correct LICENSE file including the MIT license
2/ Ideally, write the MIT license in each source file
3/ Clearly state who is the copyright holder of Mockito, and not just
write "Mockito maintainers"

then finally publish a new release of Mockito, so that I can package
that in Debian.

If you do the above, then I'm convince python-mockito will reach Debian
in a mater of days.