[Openstack-devel] python-sure in Debian

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Sat Sep 7 23:45:02 UTC 2013

Hi Gabriel,

I'm the maintainer of OpenStack in Debian. OpenStack needs httpretty for
its testings, and therefore, I started packaging Sure, Couleur, and
Steadymark.

Now, the problem I've seen is that python-sure is embedding copies of
Six and Ordereddict. It'd be really nice if you could remove these
embedded copies, and simply use the python modules instead. Having
multiple copies of the same code in Debian is bad for many reasons, of
which there's is security concerns: if there was a problem in Six, then
we would have multiple places to fix.

Please let me know if this can be fixed soon, so that I can update the
Debian package.