[Openstack-devel] Comments regarding python-lesscpy_0.9j-1_amd64.changes

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Mon Sep 30 06:39:00 UTC 2013

Hi Luke,

On 09/30/2013 12:03 PM, Luke Faraone wrote:
> Dear maintainer,
>
> I think by "MIT" you mean "Expat".

Well, I am confused by this:

http://opensource.org/licenses/mit-license.php

This says "MIT", right? And that's the license I wrote in
debian/copyright. Is this wrong? Could you should me where I may find a
copy of the Expat license (or generally, could you clarify)?

> I find debian\patches\remove_non_ascii_chars_from_license.patch curious; is one
> of the text-processing utilities used in build not UTF-8-clean?

I tried and failed to use utf-8. Since that's only for the doc, I found
it more easy and strait forward to just patch the file.

> More relevantly: Could you explain where the other two copyright holders
> ("Patrick" and "Simon de Haan") are listed in the source? I could not find them
> mentioned.

All of my packages for OpenStack are using Git, and openstack-pkg-tools.
Therefore, I am able to do:

./debian/rules gen-author-list

to extract the commiters. Patrick and Simon de Haan appear on that list:

zigo at GPLHost:buzig>_ ~/os/python-lesscpy/python-lesscpy python-lesscpy
(debian/unstable)# ./debian/rules gen-author-list
pyversions: missing X(S)-Python-Version in control file, fall back to
debian/pyversions
pyversions: missing debian/pyversions file, fall back to supported versions
py3versions: no X-Python3-Version in control file, using supported versions
git log --format='%aN <%aE>' | awk '{arr[$0]++} END{for (i in arr){print
arr[i], i;}}' | sort -rn | cut -d' ' -f2-
jtm <jtm at robot.is>
robotis <jtm at robot.is>
Sascha Peilicke <saschpe at gmx.de>
Thomas Goirand <thomas at goirand.fr>
Patrick <patrick at koumbit.org>
Simon de Haan <simon at praekeltfoundation.org>

Of course, I'm removing myself and some duplicates. I should add Sascha
Peilicke who's a new contributor since last July the 19th.