[PKG-Openstack-devel] Last packages before the OpenStack Icehouse release

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Tue Apr 1 07:57:04 UTC 2014

On 04/01/2014 01:05 AM, Ben Pfaff wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 22, 2014 at 11:59:06AM -0700, Ben Pfaff wrote:
>>> This is quite the opposite. We're currently working with OVS 2.0.1,
>>> kernel 3.12 from backports and the like. Please go ahead and upload!
>>>
>>> Are you now using the git repository in the OpenStack group that I've
>>> setup? I did couples of commit there, and that's what we've been using
>>> for our deployments.
>>
>> Based on our earlier discussions, the issue there is that it requires us
>> to drop or move aside the Debian directory that is in the Open vSwitch
>> repo.  I've been thinking about that for some time now, and I think I've
>> concluded that moving it to a directory with a different name is the
>> most reasonable option.  I'll plan to send out a patch for that next
>> week, but it's not in place in the 2.1 release.
>>
>> In the meantime, I'll look at the commits you made and make sure to
>> apply important changes.
>
> I uploaded Open vSwitch 2.1 to unstable just now.  I have only started
> looking through the packaging on alioth, so they aren't in there yet.  I
> hope to finish looking through them tomorrow morning.

This really rox. Did you fix the bug with the dkms module not able to
build in Sid? Because the serious bug against it would be the reason for
Neutron removal from testing. Note that I can't check for this fact,
because the new version of openvswitch is still in the FTP masters NEW
queue.

> I also haven't sent out the patch to rename the upstream 'debian'
> directory yet.  Do you know whether there is a "standard" name for this
> kind of thing?

I don't think there is, but "debian-upstream" would do, IMO.